Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day

memorial day

 

We had the best Memorial Weekend. Suzy and Todd and Lucy came home, and we went to the Cabin. We had Wyatt, Ashlie, and Patch too. It was so fun to have the two babies together. The first of many trips to the cabin for both of them I hope. We took tons of pictures of them, but sad to say none of them were with my camera.

One of my favorite things during the weekend, was taking a morning walk with Randy, just in time to help Dave, the caretaker put up the flag. I thought that was very fitting for Memorial Day.

We came home and went to the cemetery with Mom. It was as beautiful as always. I am prejudiced I know, but I doubt there can be a prettier cemetery anywhere. It was nice to visit the graves of people we have been doing family history work for. There are a lot of people out there that have helped us have the wonderful lives we do today. It always makes me lonesome for my mom and dad and Pat.  Marv and Nadine used to come to the cemetery with us every year.  It is hard to believe that this year Marv had to visit Nadine at the cemetery.  I thought alot about her as well.

Actually my very favorite part of the weekend, was having Lincoln there.  His days with us are numbered, and I loved so much having him spend time with all of us.  He played a ton of ping pong games, and wasn’t content until he had beaten Wyatt repeatedly.  He had Rhett did some muddy four-wheeling in a snow storm.  Times like that I will remember for two years, and look forward to having it happen again.

DSC_0136

These are my “Little Boys”

Still as cute as ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment